Saturday, June 18, 2011

Smoked Porter

Brewery: Stone Brewing Co.
ABV: 5.9%
IBU: 53
Serving Type: 22 oz. bottle poured into English pub glass

Very dark brown with some bright red highlighting. A finger of tan head that settles quickly but clings to the sides of the glass. Smells of woodsmoke and biscuit dough.

The smoke and roasted malts are up front, but there's plenty of bitterness backing it up. Seems like more of a dark roasted bitterness than anything from hops. A touch of chocolate. Mouthfeel is, say, medium. Thinner than I expceted. The roasty bitterness lingers in the mouth.

Pretty good overall, but not my favorite. Makes me want to break out a half-star rating, something I'm normally opposed to. But this definitely falls somewhere between "indiferrent" and "I like it".

My score: 3.5/5
Beer Advocate: A-
Rate Beer: 99/100
Pintley: 3.6/5

No comments:

Post a Comment