Wednesday, April 13, 2011

German Chocolate Brown

Brewer: Yours Truly
Style: American Brown Ale
ABV: ~5.9%
IBU: ~23
Serving Type: 12 oz bottle poured into English pub glass.

Ap: Dark, dark brown and totally opaque. Half a finger of light brown head, fading to a ring at the glass and a thin film.

Ar: Intense, rich chocolate aroma. A slight malty sweetness behind it.

T: Nice chocolate flavor. There is some coconut there too, though not as much as I would have liked. Hoppy bitterness comes in at the end, balancing the chocolate nicely.

M: Medium to heavy body and moderate carbonation. Very smooth.

I: Not exactly what I set out to brew, but a nice beer nonetheless. Came out much darker than I was targeting, past what I would still call a brown. I think it must have picked up some color from the toasted coconut. In spite of that, I don't get as much coconut flavor as I would like. Brewed October 3, 2010.

My score: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment